Friday 27 July 2012

Recommendations: July 27

Step Up Revolution - The fourth instalment in the Step Up franchise many people have got to be wondering just how the hell this film even got made.  I, on the other hand, am really excited to see this movie.  The plot will be shit, the acting will be shit, but the dancing will be awesome.

Ruby Sparks - While working on his latest novel, a struggling novelist creates his dream girl - who comes to life.  Somehow this movie sounds like a romantic comedy version of Ted, but I'm thinking it could be good.  Or really bad.  One of the two.

Killer Joe -A guy plots a hit on his mother so that he can collect the insurance money and pay off his debt.  Despite it's current limited release it's starring a number of big names and is already being predicted for award talk, so it's sparked my interest.

I've been trying to suggest DVDs that are either new releases or re-releases the week that I recommend them.  This week, there's really nothing out, at least not that I'd want to recommend, so I'm pulling one off of the shelf.  Check out A Knight's Tale, an older movie, but still a good one.  Heath Ledger was one of my favourite actors, and this movie has always been one of my favourites of his roles.

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger's first book, The Time Traveler's Wife isn't for everyone.  It jumps around a lot and to some can be hard to follow.  But it's awesome.  Just about every minute of it.  You should read this, regardless of whether you like sci-fi, romance, or fantasy.  It's just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment