Sunday 22 July 2012

Week in Review: July 15 - 21

Movies - This weeks reviews were High School Musical 3, Magic Mike, and Batman Begins.  An interesting twist happened here: the worst movie of the week was High School Musical, which in turn was probably the best movie of its trilogy.  The best movie was Batman Begins, the worst of its trilogy.

Books - Book of the week was Diana Gabaldon's Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade, the second novel and fourth instalment in the Lord John series.  Not as much of a mystery as the other stories, although there is a nice Jacobean plot to it (as is typical of Gabaldon's work), but there's a lot of really interesting character development.

TV - TV show of the week was the first season of The Big Bang Theory, because I seem to have a thing for the first season of shows lately.  Not the best season of the show, but still a good show.

Recommendations - Movie-wise the big one is, of course, The Dark Knight Rises, although DVD releases did include two 60th anniversary editions, Singing in the Rain and High Noon.

Next Week - I plan on continuing the Batman trilogy with reviews of The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, while the book review is going to be Bernard Cornwell's Stonehenge.  Cornwell is one of my favourite authors and this is one of my favourite of his books, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Requests - Anything out there that you'd like me to review?  A book? A movie? A TV show?  Let me know in the comments and I'll try to get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment