Sunday 29 July 2012

Week in Review: July 23 - 28

Movies - We finished off Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, with The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.  Wrapping up the week was the romantic comedy Did You Hear About the Morgans.  I'm a bit undecided on which is the best of the week; either way it's a Batman, but I'm not sure just which one was better.

Books - Book of the week was Bernard Cornwell's Stonehenge.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I absolutely loved this book.

TV - TV show of the week was the first three seasons of Arrested Development.  Despite it being hailed as one of the best shows ever, I really had mixed feelings and disagreed with the outcry of it having been cancelled too soon.  Disagree with me?  Yell at me in the comments.

Recommendations - This week we recommended Step Up Revolution, Ruby Sparks, and Killer Joe.  To be honest, the only one I'm really looking forward to seeing is Step Up, which I think says a lot about the movies that I watch.

Next Week - Next week I plan on starting a review of the James Bond movies, which will eventually culminate with the release of Skyfall.  I'm going to try to get through all of the movies before Skyfall's release, so there'll be at least one James Bond movie reviewed a week for most of the next couple months.  This week will be Dr. No and From Russia With Love.  For books, I'm planning on finishing off the short stores in Diana Gabaldon's anthology Lord John and the Hand of Devils

Requests - Anything out there that you'd like me to review?  A book? A movie? A TV show?  Let me know in the comments and I'll try to get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment