Sunday 12 August 2012

Week in Review: August 6 - 11

Movies - Two new movies of the week: Step Up Revolution and Total Recall.  The later was coupled with the original Total Recall as well, and to round things out we had Goldfinger.  The only one that I didn't really enjoy was Goldfinger, while the best was the original Total Recall.

Books - This week we did the doubly whammy of The Princess Bride and its unfinished sequel Buttercup's Baby.  It was a re-read for both, and I found that I was actually rather disappointed by it.  Neither was as good as I remembered.

TV - TV show of the week was the 2003 Star Wars: Clone Wars.  I wasn't a huge fan; I think you'd have to be a big Star Wars fan in order for watching this to be worth it.

Recommendations - This week's recommendations were The Bourne Legacy and Hope Springs.  I'm still a bit hesitant about Bourne, but I'm really looking forward to Hope.

Next Week - Next week we've got Hope Springs and the next James Bond movie, Thunderball.  Bookwise will be The Custom of the Army and The Scottish Prisoner, the next two in the Lord John series.

Requests - What about you?  Any books, TV shows, movies, whatever, that you'd like to see me review?  Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment