Sunday 5 August 2012

Week in Review: July 29 - August 4

Movies - This week we started our James Bond review, with Dr. No and From Russia With Love.  I've been informed that Sean Connery is the best of the James Bonds and that these two movies are the best of the series, which means that it's all down hill from here.  New movie of the week was SavagesThis is another one of those weeks when I'm not sure just what was the best movie... probably From Russia.

Books - There were two books of the week, in a way.  We finished off the anthology Lord John and the Hand of Devils, by Diana Gabaldon, with the novella "Lord John and the Haunted Soldier."

TV - TV show of the week was the second season of Downton Abbey.  While not as good as the first season, this is definitely one of the best things on TV right now.

Recommendations - The only new movie that I've recommended this week is Total Recall, the Colin Farrell remake of the original Arnold Schwarzenegger film.  What can I say, it's a slow week for new movies.

Next Week - Next week we'll be continuing the James Bond-a-thon with Goldfinger, then starting a Total Recall-a-thon; I'll be doing both the new film, which was released on Friday, as well as the original.  To round off the week, there's the new Step Up movie, Step Up Revolution

Requests - Anything out there that you'd like me to review?  A book? A movie? A TV show?  Let me know in the comments and I'll try to get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment