Sunday 23 September 2012

Week in Review: September 17 - 22

Birthdays - This week we marked the births of author George R.R. Martin and actor Tom Felton.

Movies - This week we did The Expendables, The Expendables 2, and The Spy Who Loved Me.  I'm still not sure which one was my favourite... although, really not for a good reason.

Books - Book of the week was Diana Gabaldon's epic, multi-genre novel Outlander, from the series of the same name.  I love these books but Outlander is probably my favourite.  I'll be reviewing the rest of the series in weeks to come.

TV - This week we did a double whammy for TV reviews, with both the ninth season of So You Think You Can Dance and the 2011 Christmas special of Downton Abbey.  I was a bit disappointed with SYTCD, although I agreed with the results, and I couldn't help but shake the feeling that it was being set up to be cancelled.  That being said, I definitely loved Downton.

Recommendations - Out this week are two new police action flicks, Dredd 3D and End of Watch, and two new award-buzz movies, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Trouble with the Curve.  I'm looking forward to watching all four.  New to DVD is The Cabin in the Woods and Hysteria, which I've been waiting months to watch.

Next Week -Up next week is Trouble with the Curve and HysteriaBond movies of the week will be For Your Eyes Only.

Requests -What about you guys?  Any books, movies, or TV shows I should check out? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment