Sunday 30 September 2012

Week in Review: September 24 - 29

Note - This week was marked by the death of actor Johnny Lewis and his landlord.  I kind of expect this story to stay in the news for a bit, just because of the circumstances.

Birthdays -Just one birthday this week: Gwyneth Paltrow's 40th.  I meant to do more, but didn't get the chance.

Movies - New movie of the week was Trouble with the Curve, which didn't really live up to my expectations.  Likewise with Hysteria, which we also did.  Rounding out the week was the Bond film Moonraker - I know I said last week it was going to be For Your Eyes Only, but I lied.  My favourite film was Trouble with the Curve.

Books - There was no book of the week owing to my spending Monday pretty much entirely without internet.  I'll make it up to you and do double duty next week.

TV - In tribute to Johnny Lewis, TV show of the week was the first season of Sons of Anarchy, which I loved.

Recommendations - Looper, Won't Back Down, and Pitch Perfect are all out this week and I'm looking forward to seeing each and every one of them.  So should you.

Next Week - Next week's new movie will be Looper and the new/returning movie will be my favourite Pixar film, Finding Nemo which is currently out in theatres again.  Bond movies will be For Your Eyes Only (for real this time) and Octopussy.  I'm already expecting to roll my eyes at the latter.  Also, two books tomorrow! The Fault in Our Stars and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  I loved them both.

Requests -Anything you want me to watch or read?  Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment