Friday 5 October 2012

Recommendations: October 5

Frankenweenie - I'm really excited about this movie, which I'm sure will mean that it's going to be horrible.  Frankenweenie is the latest from Tim Burton, but is based on an short that he did before he became famous and doesn't feature Johnny Depp.  This could be the return to Tim Burton awesomeness that I hope for every time I go to see a trailer for the next new Tim Burton movie.

Butter - This movie is about butter carving.  I honestly don't really know anything else about it, but I want to see it just because the idea of a butter carving based comedy intrigues me.

The Oranges - This one's about the prodigal Ostroff daughter (Leighton Meester) who has an affair with the head of the Walling family (Hugh Laurie), and how their families, who have an enduring friendship, deal.

Dark Shadows - The last Tim Burton movie to come out, I actually enjoyed this one.  It could have been better, but meh. I'm a fan.  I would say it's definitely a good Halloween film, especially if you're not a big horror fan.

People Like Us - Another one of those movies that went in a few interesting places.  I'm not exactly sure if People Like Us met all of my expectations, and I definitely didn't like a few of the directions that it went (or at least tried to go in), but overall I found it enjoyable.  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out now.

The Casual Vacancy - Did you know there's a new J.K. Rowling book out?  If you didn't, go check it out now.  If you did and you haven't, what are you waiting for? Unlike the Harry Potter books, The Casual Vacancy is for adults and follows the little town of Pagford following the unexpected death of Barry Fairbrother.

No comments:

Post a Comment