Sunday 21 October 2012

Week in Review: October 15 - 20

Movies - We had an action (or thriller) packed week, with Bonds Licence to Kill and GoldenEye sandwiching sort-of based on a true story Argo.  I really enjoyed Argo, even it if offended me as both a historian and a Canadian.  Not exactly the truth, but still entertaining.  For the Bonds... well, both were good movies, and I'm definitely liking Pierce Brosnan so far, plus GoldenEye had Sean Bean.  You cannot go wrong with Sean Bean.

Books - Book-of-the-Week was Diana Gabaldon's Dragonfly in Amber.  While I enjoyed the book, it wasn't as good as its predecessor, Outlander.

TV - This week we did the 10th season of Project Runway.  While I was disappointed by the winner it was purely because I didn't like that person personally, and I have to admit that the best collection won.

Recommendations - Out this week is Alex Cross, the latest film based on the books by James Patterson, and The Sessions.  I've always enjoyed the Alex Cross books, but never been a big fan of the movies so I think I'll skip that one, but I am intrigued by The Sessions.

Next Week - Up next week is a massive dose of Bond.  We'll be finishing off Brosnan with three movies, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, and Die Another Day.  We're almost ready for Skyfall!  To round out the week'll be Seven Psychopaths.  Oh! And we'll also have my review of J.K. Rowling's foray into adult literature, The Casual Vacancy.

Requests -Anything I should check out? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment