Sunday 28 October 2012

Week in Review: October 22 - 27

Birthdays - This week we did a few birthdays; Christopher Lloyd turned 74, Kevin Kline 64, Cary Elwes 50, and John Cleese 73.  On a related note, the post for John Cleese was also my 200th post since starting this.

Movies - This week we finished off the Pierce Brosnan Bonds, with Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough, and Die Another Day. Of the lot, the best was probably Tomorrow Never Dies, although none were as good as the new film, Seven Psychopaths.

Books - Book of the week was the superbly written The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling.  Her first foray into adult literature I enjoyed it, at least once I got over the shock of it.

TV - This week we did one of the recent miniseries on the Titanic, of the same name.  I enjoyed it, but I feel that it could have been done better.

Recommendations - Out this week is Cloud Atlas and Fun Size, both of which I'm looking forward to seeing.  In DVD we had a myriad of things that I've seen and reviewed over the months, so now it's your chance to check them out.

Next Week - Next week we are taking a break from the Bond!  We are also doing a bit of a movie overload, with a total of six films.  There's a bit of a Halloween theme, a bit of a Tim Burton theme, and a definite musical theme: we'll be doing my favourite Halloween related or somehow dark and messed up musicals, Nightmare Before Christmas, Sweeney Todd, Repo! The Genetic Opera, and Rocky Horror Picture Show.  New movies will be Frankenweenie and Fun Size.

Requests- Anything I should check out? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment