Saturday 24 November 2012

A Note: Larry Hagman

Actor Larry Hagman passed away yesterday from cancer related complications.  He was 81.

Hagman wasn't so much a predominant actor in my time, his hay day really was from the 1960s to 1980s, but he still managed to become a staple in my childhood.  Hagman's two most predominant roles were as Major Tony Nelson in I Dream of Jeannie and J.R. Ewing in both the original run of Dallas and the more recent continuation of it.  I've never watched either incarnation of Dallas but I absolutely loved Jeannie as a kid and grew up watching it.  As for Dallas.. well, I may not have watched it, but you'd be hard pressed to be as interested in pop culture as I am without having heard some of the details of the show.  The show, after all, was famous for its cliffhangers.

I'm not going to make any guarantees, but I will try to do a 2012 incarnation of Dallas as a tribute to Hagman at some point in the near future. I'm not too sure about the exact when, as I'm crazy busy with school, but sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment