Friday 30 November 2012

Recommendations: November 30

To be honest, there really isn't anything coming out this week that I'm all that interested in seeing, and thus recommending to you.  There's a lot already out, however, so if you haven't seen them yet, check out any one of this week's box office top ten: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, Skyfall, Lincoln, Rise of the Guardians, Life of Pi, Wreck-It Ralph, Red Dawn, Flight, Silver Linings Playbook, or Argo.  Some of these I've already checked out, others I haven't seen yet, but I believe I have recommended them all.

Men in Black 3 - The latest installment in this alien movie franchise, MIB3 deals with time travel and really surprised me.  It's a lot better than I was expecting it to be, and if you haven't checked it out yet and want something easy to watch I'd say check it out now.

ParaNorman - I didn't recommend this the first time round, because the commercials annoyed me and I decided that I didn't want to see it.  Still a bit on the fence about it, but I've been told that it's really good.

Sparkle - There was one good thing about this movie, the music.  That was always the best part about a Whitney Houston movie, so I guess it's fitting that her last film should be no exception.  I just kind of wish that the rest of it had been better.

Lawless - This one actually made Sparkle look good, so there's that.  There's a few good action sequences too.  Check it out if you want a mindless action flick, although it's not too actiony.  I think the big problem here was an over use of Shia LaBeouf and an under use of Gary Oldman.  Never under use Gary Oldman.

Step Up Revolution - This movie was awesome! I loved it! Okay, so the plot is lame and ridiculous, but the dancing is great and why else would you go to a Step Up movie?

The Colour of Magic - This past week author Terry Pratchett won an Emmy for his documentary program "Choosing to Die," so I figured I'd celebrate by recommending Prachett's first Discworld novel, The Colour of Magic.  This novel introduces us to the Discworld and the characters of Rincewind, Twoflower, and The Luggage - Luggage being my favourite of the Discworld characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment