Sunday 25 November 2012

Week in Review: November 19 - 24

Notes - No birthdays this week, however we did mark the death of actor Larry Hagman, best known for his roles in both editions of Dallas and I Dream of Jeannie.

Movies - New movie of the week was Wreck-It Ralph, which I loved, while old movies were Twilight and Under the Tuscan Sun, both of which... okay, so I think Tuscan is a great chick flick even though it isn't all that great, and I have very mixed feelings about the Twilight series in general.

Books - Continuing the Harry Potter franchise, this week's book was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  The fourth in the series it's also one of the longest, and one of the best despite some major logical choices made by the characters.

TV - TV show of the week was the third season of Face Off, a review I meant to post a few weeks ago but didn't due to technical difficulties and the season finales of other shows.  I really liked this season and am looking forward to season four.

Recommendations - This week's recommendations include the remake of Red Dawn, new Christmas movie Rise of the Guardians, book-to-movie Life of Pi, and biography Hitchcock.  I want to see all of these.

Next Week - Up next week is the 1974 cult flick Zardoz, which I really think no one should ever watch.  Continuing that theme we also have The Twilight Saga: New Moon, as we're embarking on a bit of a Twilight marathon leading up to my review of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2.  Are you looking forward to it? I'm not sure if I am.  New movie of the week will be Rise of the Guardians.

Requests -Any requests? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment