Sunday 16 December 2012

Week in Review: December 10 - 15

Note: On Friday there was a mass shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut, to which I send out condolences for.

Awards:  Also on Friday, I made note of this year's Golden Globe nominations, with a few predictions (despite saying that I wasn't going to make predictions).

Birthdays: Getting back into the swing of this, we celebrated the 23rd and 24th birthdays of Taylor Swift and Vanessa Hudgens, respectively.

Movies - Movies this week included the indie 3,2,1... Frankie Go Boom, which was delightfully hilarious, the future-award winner Lincoln, and the second-to-last Twilight film, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1.  All of them had their good parts, even Breaking Dawn.

Books - Book of the week was James Sallis' Drive, which provided the basis of the movie of the same name.  While I enjoyed the book, I think the movie was better which is a rarity in itself.

TV - This week's TV shows included the miniseries Titanic: Blood and Steel and the first half of the first season of the ABC Family channel summer show Bunheads. I really enjoyed the latter, but was rather aggravated by the former.

Recommendations - The big new movie this week is, of course, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the first in what appears to be a trilogy based on J.R.R. Tolkein's (relatively short) novel The Hobbit.  No other movies are important, although I am interested in seeing Save the Date - mostly because I enjoy both Lizzy Caplan and Alison Brie.

Next Week - Up next week is the conclusion to the Twilight saga, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2.  I'm not too sure about the other movies for the week, but book of the week will be Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, while TV show of the week will be the third seasons of Grey's Anatomy, Sons of Anarchy, and The Big Bang Theory

Requests - Any requests? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment