Sunday 23 December 2012

Week in Review: December 17 - 22

Birthdays -  Birthdays this week were Steven Spielberg and Eugene Levy, who both turned 66.

Movies - New movie of the week was The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, which is my new favourite instalment of the Twilight Saga.  Older movies were Man on a Ledge and The Ledge, neither of which was very good, and two shorts, Paperman and Partysaurus Rex, which were both good.  My favourite of the week was probably Paperman.

Books - Book of the week was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is probably my least favourite of the Harry Potter series.

TV - Three TV shows this week; the third seasons of Grey's Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory, and Sons of Anarchy.  While I liked them all, I had some mixed feelings about elements of the plots.

Recommendations - This week we actually did two sets of recommendations, one for Friday and one for Christmas Day.  The Friday movies that I'm looking forward to seeing the most are This is 40, Zero Dark Thirty, and The Impossible, while the Christmas movies that I'm looking forward to seeing are Les Misérables, and Django Unchained.

Next Week - Okay, so book-wise we're going to do Diana Gabaldon's Drums of Autumn, and TV-wise we've got the second season of Homeland and the fourth season of Project Runway Australia.  Movie-wise, I'm not entirely sure yet - for sure we'll be doing Love Actually, The Nativity Story, and Bachelorette.  There may or may not be a new movie, we'll see.

Requests - Anything I should watch or read? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment