Sunday 30 December 2012

Week in Review: December 24 - 29

Birthdays - Two birthdays this week, Game of Thrones' Kit Harington, better known as Lord Jon Snow, and Dame Maggie Smith, known most recently for her work in Downton Abbey, as the Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, and the Harry Potter films, as Professor Minerva McGonagall.

Movies - No new movies this week, so instead we did Christmas romance in Love Actually, the story of Jesus' birth in The Nativity Story, and rather raunchy comedy in Bachelorette

Books - Book of the week was Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, the fourth in the Outlander series and the first set-in-America book of hers.  While not as strong as the first ones in the series, it's definitely better than Voyager.

TV - Earlier in the week we did this year's Christmas Special of Downton Abbey, which I enjoyed despite its heavy handedness, and yesterday we did the fourth season of Project Runway Australia, which I did not enjoy, and the second season of Homeland, which I had mixed feelings about.

Recommendations - The only movie recommendation this week that I didn't also make last week was for Promised Land, which is getting a limited release.  Not that I'm complaining though, as it gives me a chance to get caught up on some of the movies released in the last few weeks.

Next Week - Next week is going to be a surprise of a week.  Les Misérables will be up, as will The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, making up for the lack of a new movie this week.  Book of the week will be Dark Lover, the first instalment in J.R. Ward's paranormal romance series The Black Dagger Brotherhood, which I've gotten really addicted to.  I'm not too sure what else we'll be doing, movie, TV, or bookwise, so you'll have to wait and see.

Requests - Anything I should check out? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment