Friday 18 January 2013

Recommendations: January 18

Mama - Okay, so I'm going to guarantee that I won't see this one - I don't like horror movies  But, based on the cast I'll also say that it's probably worth checking out if you do like them.  This one stars Jessica Chastain and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who are both great actors.

The Last Stand - It's Arnold.  What can I say?

Broken City - A new cop-involved-in-bad-shit movie, starring Mark Wahlberg, Russell Crowe, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Kyle Chandler.  Despite the over use of this genre, I like everyone who's in it and I'll see it for that alone.

Taken 2 - The sequel to the 2008 film, Taken, in which Liam Neeson plays a man who, along with his wife, is taken hostage by the idiot who didn't learn that taking things Liam Neeson loves hostage is a bad idea in the first film.  I haven't seen either, but hey Liam Neeson!

To Rome With Love - The latest from Woody Allen.  If you like Woody Allen, why not check this one out?

Won't Back Down - The latest movie about people trying to save the school system, this one starring Maggie Gyllenhaal and Viola Davis.  This is kind of a genre that I love, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Farewell, My Queen - A foreign film about Marie Antoinette in the first days of the French Revolution, this film looks really good.  Plus it stars Diane Kruger, so yeah. There's that.

An Irish Country Doctor - I stumbled across the Irish Country series by Patrick Taylor rather by accident - the book cover caught my attention when I was browsing through the bookstore.  I'm really glad that I did, because these books are great.  Set in 1964 in Ulster, Ireland, An Irish Country Doctor follows new doctor Barry Laverty as he takes on an apprenticeship under Doctor Fingal Flahertie O'Reilly in the village of Ballybucklebo.

No comments:

Post a Comment