Friday 4 January 2013

Recommendations: January 4

There is nothing good coming out this week.  Just to prove that, here's this week's new releases: Texas Chainsaw 3D and A Dark Truth.  The first one because clearly we need another Texas Chainsaw Massacre film (although this one does feature Scott Eastwood, Clint Eastwood's son). The second... I'm not even going to touch that one.  Needless to say, I will not be seeing any of these.

Cosmopolis -Robert Pattinson's latest attempt in breaking free of the Twilight hold.  I haven't seen this one, although I kind of did want to.  Maybe you want to?

Looper - One of the best sci-fi, time travel films I've seen in a long time.  I loved this movie and recommend it to anyone and everyone - especially if you love paradoxes, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Emily Blunt, or Bruce Willis.

Madam Bovary - I haven't really mention a lot of the classics, owing in no small part to the really random way in which I make my book recommendations.  However, I've recently joined a book club of sorts, and the first book that we're reading is Madam Bovary, the nineteenth century masterpiece, so I'm recommending it to you.  After all, you can't go wrong with a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment